PUBLISHED: 23:04 01 March 2018
Archant Norfolk 2018
Several school across the region have indicated that they will remain closed on Friday due to poor weather conditions.
Schools which have announced their closure for a third day running include Corpusty Primary School, which said it had taken the decision due to “adverse weather conditions”.
Edith Cavell Academy and Nursery said it would also remain closed “due to updated travel and weather advice and staff needing to travel from rural locations”.
“The site remains inaccessible to pupils, parents and staff and will not be safe to use until the weather improves and staff are able to make an assessment,” the school said in a message.
Dereham Neatherd High School said it would update parents as soon it could regarding opening on Friday, given that temperatures will remain low and that a yellow warning remains in place.
View: Live Traffic Map
Others to remain closed are:
• Aurora Eccles School (NR16 2NZ) – We are closed to day-pupils today. We have decided to remain closed on *FRIDAY*.
• Corpusty Primary School (NR11 6QG) – School will remain closed tomorrow (Friday 2nd) due to adverse weather conditions.
• East Coast College (Gt Y) (NR31 0ED) – CLOSED FRIDAY 2ND MARCH.
• East Norfolk Sixth Form College (NR31 7BQ) – The senior management team have been out locally and more widely on rural roads. As a result of the snow drifts and ice, we feel it is too dangerous for students and staff to travel. Bus companies are also already indicating they won’t be running all services tomorrow due to the poor conditions. Therefore it is with reluctance that East Norfolk Sixth Form College will remain closed until Monday 5th March. Keep safe and warm.
• Fred Nicholson School (NR19 1JB) – The school will remain shut to all our pupils on Friday 2nd March 2018 due to continued road and site conditions being unsafe. The site will be open from 9.00 am for any staff, who should do their own risk assessment. Apologies to all our families for any inconvenience caused, we anticipate reopening on Monday.
• Necton VA Primary School (PE37 8HT) – **We will remain closed on FRIDAY** Snow drifts have made driving conditions worse. The school will remain closed to ensure safety of all children, staff and parents.
• Sheringham Woodfields School (NR26 8ND) – School closed Thursday and given that there will be no thaw today it will probably be closed Friday too.
• St. Andrews School (NR11 8QA) – School closed due to adverse weather conditions and difficult travel conditions. Also problems with plumbing. The school will reopen Monday March 5th. Please check here to make sure.
• The Clare School (NR4 7AU) – Following a thorough site risk assessment it is still far too unsafe for pupils and staff so the school will remain closed on Friday, 2nd March. The caretaking team will be working hard over the weekend to clear the ice which is currently covering most of the site in preparation for Monday. There will be no Saturday club this weekend.
• Toftwood Community Junior School (NR19 1JB) – We remain closed on Fri 2nd March.
• Toftwood Infant School (NR19 1LS) – We remain closed on Fri 2nd March
• Trafalgar College (NR31 0DN) – Closed (Fri 2nd) – due to site safety concerns and difficulties in travelling to school for students and staff.
• Woodland View Junior School – Due to dangerous road conditions for staff and parents, the school will be closed on Friday, March 2.
Many schools said they would assess conditions and let parents know as soon as a decision was taken.
• This story will be updated as more schools communicate their decisions.